Cornerstone Baptist Church was established in 2005 as a church planting Endeavour. From the onset the goal was to be a Soul-Winning, Bible-based church.
The church meets at the Spruce Avenue Community Centre (10240-115 Ave) in Edmonton, Alberta. Click here for driving directions.
Cornerstone Baptist Church is Independent- we are not affiliated with a denomination or convention but we do fellowship with other churches of like faith and order.
We are Fundamental - holding to and defending the historic foundational truths of the Christian faith as found in the King James Bible; which we believe to be the preserved, perfect, and ONLY Word of God in the English language.
Further, we are a Baptist Church - believing and practicing the historic and Biblical distinctives of Baptists such as:
- We believe that the Bible is our Final Authority in faith and practice.
- We believe in the Autonomy of the Local Church.
- We believe in the Priesthood of all Believers.
- We believe that there are Two ordinances of the local church; Baptism and Lord's supper.
- We believe that God has given all men Individual Soul Liberty.
- We believe that church membership requires one to be Saved by grace through faith alone, and Baptized by immersion after salvation.
- We believe there are Two scriptual offices; Pastor and Deacon.
- We also believe we should live a life of Separation from the World.
Finally, we are a Soul Winning Church. We believe it is EVERY Christian's responsibility to propagate the Gospel. We take the Great Commission as a Commandment and not as a suggestion. We believe that Acts 1:8 is for ALL believers and that God expects us to share the gospel with a Lost and Dying world. We do that through Bible Preaching, Supporting Soul Winning Missionaries, and Personal Evangelism.